Jan 3, 2015

They walk in the sky so near and so high, they're stopping for none, and when the day's done they agree that the sea is the best place to be wondrously free.


Happy new year! We all can be pretty proud about having survived another 365 days on earth, I really consider this a success. The problem with turn of the year is this choice between looking back and looking ahead - best of 2014 vs new year resolutions, basically. In fact, I have done both. I had an amazing year: a few festivals, amazing journeys and great conversations with great people. But 2014 was also A LOT about school. Which was not so nice as it kinda drove me crazy in the course of events. 2015 will be even more stressful, though (the endless joys of the German A-Levels). Therefore, my new year resolution is basically surviving without going crazy and then dealing with the after-school-life (which seems so real and near and oh my...) properly. We'll see how it works out.
Besides that, it also was Christmas! yay! I had a lovely holiday in spite of being ill and because of that, cuddling up in blankets the entire day. My family and friends gave me the sweetest and most perfect presents. Some of my favorites are pictured below:



1. I am sherlocked tote. I am so sherlocked. My boyfriend gave it to me which was so cute :)
2. Mach dieses Buch fertig. This is the German version of Wreck this journal. I started it today and had so much fun (although I accidentally almost burned the entire book). It's so cool, and if you haven't done one yet, go get one! It's worth it and it definitely inspires you to be more creative.
3. Endless river by Pink Floyd. Oh my, Pink Floyd! Truly genius. There's only one song with lyrics on it, and the songs kinda blur into another - endlessly, you know? It's so beautiful.
4. Faust. The most famous and perhaps best German play by Goethe, recorded in a great theater near my hometown. I love theater, so that's amazing!
5. A book about Salvador DalĂ­! Art! Yay! There are some ridiculously funny anecdotes collected in it, among with a lot of paintings.
6. THIS IS A PIZZA PILLOW. My sister is a genius. She made it by herself!
7. Giant, extremely cozy and fluffy shirt. This wasn't a christmas present, actually. It was a gift by the lovely people of Bayrisches Fernsehen (Bavarian TV channel) who did a TV thing about me! I WAS IN TV. You got me? In TV. Me. And my blog. So if you have always wanted to see me talking, walking, awkwardly smiling - this is your chance. You can watch it here. It's in German, obviously, but anyways :) There's Bowie music in the background!  I look better in real life.


I have been blogging for two and a half years now and still did not manage to take nice outfit pictures! It's always pretty awkward. And this white door accidentally got my trademark. I swear, there's not a single white wall in our house where you could get a nice neutral background!
I wore clothes today. Namely, my beloved Rookie shirt. Unfortunately, it has holes and stains which won't fade after washing it approximately three hundred times. I still cannot resist wearing it, of course! The black skirt is actually a little black dress. I can't tell where the tights are from. Black tights are always just there, sort of. Then they rip and then they are mysteriously there again. At least it's like that with me. I kept the entire outfit pretty simple and clear, to draw attention to my socks. Avocado socks, my pals. I love food. I ordered them a few weeks ago in a lovely store called the sock drawer. It's the cutest online store on the internet, I swear! They wrapped it all cute with yarn and wrote a thank you note for me. I ordered three pair of socks, all of them will appear sooner or later on this blog. I'm quite obsessed with cute socks, I have two pairs with pandas and one with unicorns and frilly ones et cetera. Aren't avocado socks the best invention ever?!
Look at this, so cute!
Well, I hope you're all fine.
I'm the worst at writing a proper end for a post.
Sorry.

Lots of love,

Mary

17 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! :) you're avocado socks look cute and I can understand how hard it can be to find a neutral background for photos (or in my case free of clutter)
    here's to an even better 2015 and managing the stresses of school!

    http://secret-hipster.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. those socks are amazing and i loooove your rookie tshirt! happy new year and i hope you had a fab christmas xx

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Avocado socks are so cool <3 as is your rookie tee. Congrats on being on TV! Happy new year! xo

    http://www.lexilikes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outfit, especially the socks, I LOVE AVOCADO. Your dreads are looking awesome too :)
    It's so cool that you were on TV, I enjoyed the video even though I didn't understand it haha x

    http://daisychainsforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. your outfit is so super cute, i'm particularly obsessed with your collar and socks! your rookie shirt is also pretty neat! sending you lots of love and positive vibes for 2015! x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year Mary!! Those avocado socks are rad, and your sister is so talented omg a pizza pillow

    ReplyDelete
  7. Avocado socks!! Your outfit is lovely! Happy new year!
    xx

    nurinek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These socks are so perfect! I love your sense of style omg you are my icon

    xoxo Caroline
    www.painted-roses.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! :)

    I heard about your blog on radio puls a few month ago, since then i have clicked through your old blogposts. Obviously i didn't have the time to read all of them, but i looked at the pictures and read some. And i kinda like your style! :D
    This new outfit i especially like a lot! ^^ Cute socks! Nice TV-Spot by the way!
    Keep going! :)
    Happy New Year and greetings from Austria!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! That outfit is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey,
    I really like your Blog! Would you like to support each other and follow via GFC and/or Bloglovin? I hope we stay in touch. :)

    Greetings, Sophia xx
    www.sophias-fashion.de
    Instagram: sophiaton_

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New year, you have a great blogg :)

    kirstywinter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cutie socks! I really love your tees too! <3

    www.ismurfshion.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are those avocados on your socks? I LOVE AVOCADOS! <3

    XX www.laurenlouvaine.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This outfit is adorable, i'm loving the collar under your tshirt!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have gorgeous pictures! Like, really gorgeous! Plus, like avocados.

    ReplyDelete